There are many solutions for skin concerns that are caused by the natural process of aging. Each solution comes with its own advantages and can benefit people in different ways. Dermal fillers are injectables that are used to treat many skin concerns. Restylane injections target specific areas of your body to improve the appearance of wrinkles and facial folds and restore volume in the skin. At The MedSpa at Burlington Plastic Surgery, we offer Restylane treatments to help you feel good about your skin. We have successfully assisted countless people with their skin concerns using Restylane. Contact us on our website or give us a call to schedule an appointment and find out how Restylane injections can benefit you.
What is Restylane?
Restylane is a hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler that is designed to reduce facial wrinkles and deep folds. It can also increase the volume of your skin. Because hyaluronic acid is a natural substance found in the soft connective tissue and the fluid surrounding your eyes, it is one of the most popular injectable fillers. The shape of the Restylane molecules is different, and the texture of the gel is more granular, making it great for adding volume to your face. A healthcare professional will need to conduct an assessment to determine whether or not you are a suitable candidate for this treatment.
Where Can Restylane Be Used?
With the many great advantages of Restylane, it is capable of treating many types of skin concerns. Hyaluronic acid injections can reduce depressions in your skin due to scars, injury, or facial lines, and significantly improve the contours of your skin.
Concerns such as the following can be effectively treated with Restylane:
- Cheek depressions that are caused by an illness or natural aging
- Acne scars, burns, and other wound scars
- Crow’s feet, which appear at the corners of your eyes
- Nasolabial furrows, which are deep smile lines that run from the corner of your mouth to the side of your nose
- Marionette lines that appear at the corners of your mouth
- Frown lines that appear between your eyebrows
- Worry lines that run across your forehead
- Smoker’s lines which are vertical lines on the mouth
- Lip borders that need to be redefined
These are some of the things that can be reduced or even completely removed by using Restylane injections.
How Restylane Works
Restylane places volume underneath your skin in areas where volume has been lost over time due to aging. It promotes the production of collagen and other essential tissue in your skin. This helps by lifting your skin and giving it a smoother appearance. The hyaluronic acid clings to your skin, and volume is added. The hyaluronic acid also attracts water in your body, further helping the previously added volume to be preserved.
When you come in for your treatment, the amount of Restylane will be determined specifically to your skin’s needs. Thereafter, the Restylane will be injected under the skin of the affected areas using an ultrafine needle. This normally takes about 20 minutes and there is no downtime or recovery time required after your treatment. Other than avoiding strenuous physical activity for the following 24 hours, you can continue your day as you normally would.
Benefits of Using Restylane
- Restylane is an effective treatment for facial wrinkles, folds, and scars. It is preferred by many patients because it is a highly effective treatment that gives you results immediately. It is one of the best ways to restore volume to your face and reduce signs of aging.
- Restylane is versatile since it can address several skin concerns on your face. From reducing wrinkles and folds to adding volume and fullness to thinning lips, and even providing volume to the skin on your hands.
- The results that Restylane gives you are long-lasting. You can enjoy these results for up to 12 months after treatment, making it more affordable because there are fewer sessions required.
- Restylane is an FDA-approved treatment known for being low-risk because it uses hyaluronic acid. This injectable also does not freeze or affect any facial expressions leaving you with a natural appearance.
- There is no animal tissue used in the formulation of Restylane. This means that the potential for animal-related allergies and the risk of animal disease transmissions is reduced.
Who is a Good Candidate for Restylane Filler?
Restylane is a suitable treatment for anybody that wants to have younger-looking skin without having to go through a surgical procedure. It is a popular treatment because it is suitable for many skin types. In addition, it is a minimally invasive procedure that does not require an extensive recovery period.
Results And Aftercare
Avoiding nicotine and excessive amounts of alcohol, eating a balanced and healthy diet, and getting enough sleep can maximize the results you can get from using Restylane injections. Taking care of the treated area after your Restylane session can be achieved by implementing a suitable skin routine. Be sure to follow the aftercare guidelines we provide for the best results.
Take Control of Your Skin Today
Restylane injections are a great choice for people that are looking to increase volume in their skin and reduce or remove wrinkles and deep folds in their face. At The MedSpa at Burlington Plastic Surgery, we have already helped so many people from Burlington and surrounding areas, such as Hamilton, Oakville, Milton, and Halton, ON, with their skin concerns. You can join them and enjoy rejuvenated skin that makes you look and feel younger. Contact us and schedule your Restylane treatment.